2 Day – Bohemia
INTENSIVE WINE EXPERIENCE
Discover the best Wines in Bohemia and find out about its Heritage, Culture and People.
INTENSIVE 2 DAY WINE EXPERIENCE
Only an hour drive North of Prague you will visit one of the most northern wine regions in Europe. Although the smallest wine region of the Czech Republic, Bohemia boasts an interesting history. The first vines were planted during the reign of the famous Emperor Charles IV in the 14th century, when Prague was the royal residence of the region. Moreover, it offers sumptuous castles with exquisitely furnished apartments. Vineyards are usually spread over protected southern slopes near main rivers – the Vltava, the Elbe, the Ohře and the Berounka. Some of the wine cellars were built by the Cistercian Order, which founded the vineyards in Žernoseky in 1251.
The wine regions in North Bohemia are located only 1-hour drive from Prague, on the road to Dresden in Germany.
Vineyards are usually spread over protected southern slopes near main rivers – the Vltava, the Elbe, the Ohře and the Berounka
DepartureMain City Square, Old Town
Departure TimePlease arrive by 9:15 AM for a prompt departure at 9:30 AM.
Return TimeApproximately 7:00 pm
Dress CodeCasual. Comfortable clothing.
Included2-course LunchEntry FeesHotel pick upPersonal Wine & Heritage ExpertPrivate TourVisit of a castleVisit of wineryWine tastings
Not IncludedBiking tourPersonal GuidePersonal Wine GuideVisit of Unesco Churches
DAY 1 : Discover the best of Bohemia wines
- Pick up at your hotel by an English-speaking driver and guide very knowledgeable in wine & heritage of the region.
- Your first stop on the way (45-min drive) to Bohemia wine region will be at beautiful city of Mělník, located where the Vltava river reaches the Elbe and dominated by a beautiful renaissance chateau. You will enjoy visit of this exquisitely furnished chateau and the largest Czech collections of Flamish maps from 17th century.. We will have a short tour also at its amazing historical wine cellars located within the castle, full of history.
- Next, we will move further north to a small privately owned winery. There you will have home made lunch, prepared by the winemaker himself (who is also a great cook). Your traditional Czech lunch will be followed by the wine tasting, which will end up in their small cellar, where you will get to taste local rarity “portlike” wine with an unique opportunity to compare the samples of these wines from the bottle to the one which will be served to you right from the barrel.
- After this experience, we will drive you to next village where we will visit small family, but very modern winery and we will have the wine tasting experience there together with the backstage look to the wine production. You will get to see the most modern winemaking machines and equipment. Thus, you will have the opportunity to understand the wine making process. If the weather is good, we will also visit its vineyards and its “lucky” chapel at the top of the vineyard.
- Our final stop of that day will be back at the previous village, where you will have an exclusive entrance to a very old and traditional wine cellar, where you can enjoy wine tasting of wines from its production presented by the winemaker himself. At this family owned Chateau,
- Check in your charming and authentic hotel that is part of the winery.
- And finally , you will have a dinner which will be prepared by the winemaker himself.
DAY 2: Enjoy wine tastings in a historical wine village
- Check out from the hotel
- Transfer from Velké Žernoseky to nearby royal city of Litoměřice
- Litoměřice is one of the most beautiful cities in the Czech Republic. The extensive historical center of the city has dozens of streets and squares. The colourful Gothic, Baroque and Renaissance buildings right in the centre of the city, bordered to a great extent by well-preserved Gothic fortifications.
- After a coffee at the main courtyard of the Reanissance style city, we will start our Litoměřice tour with the visit of historical underground cellars, which holds some of the most extensive corridors in the Czech Republic.
- Having your taste buds ready, you must try some of the specialties of the Town Hall Cellar restaurant where we will have our lunch.
- Finally, we will visit small family owned winery, which has got its wine cellars based in large barn, under which large historical cellars are located. Great opportunity to understand more of how extensive Bohemia wine history is. Accompanied by wine tasting with winemakers itself.
- Time to get back home. After this stop, we will drive you back to your hotel in Prague.
|No of pers.||
Rates in €/person