3 Day – Mikulov – Moravia
ULTIMATE WINE TOUR
The wine jewel of Czech Republic, charming unspoiled region full of Traditions and History.
ULTIMATE WINE TOUR
Less than 250 kilometers southeast of the capital, sprawling with quaint villages and hundreds of lush, green vineyards, this is undoubtedly a great undiscovered wine region with a rich wine heritage. Wine growing in this region has been reliably traced back to the Roman Empire period – the 2nd century AD.
Ideally situated north of the Alps and at the Western edge of the Carpathian Mountains, the region benefits from a cooler climate, which excels at white wine production. Spreading over more than 16.5 thousand hectares, the region includes 96% of the country’s vineyards. Quality can be outstanding, especially the Moravian whites. Mikulov has certainly the highest concentration of wine cellars for tastings, as well as a fairytale chateau on a hill overlooking the town. Like a guardian, the Pálava Hills, declared a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve, seem to be carefully watching the vines.
South Moravia is the most important wine region in Czech Republic. Mikulov is one of its charming historical cities located 3-hour drive from Prague. Ideally situated north of the Alps and at the Western edge of the Carpathian Mountains, the region benefits from a cooler climate, which excels at white wine production. Spreading over more than 16.5 thousand hectares, the region includes 96% of the country’s vineyards.
DepartureMain City Square, Old Town
Departure TimePlease arrive by 8:15 AM for a prompt departure at 8:30 AM.
Return TimeApproximately 6:30 PM.
Dress CodeCasual, hiking shoes, raincoat.
IncludedBiking tourEntry FeesHotel pick upPersonal Wine GuidePrivate TourVisit of a castleVisit of wineryWine tastings
Not Included2-course LunchPersonal GuidePersonal Wine & Heritage ExpertVisit of Unesco Churches
DAY 1 - Transfer to Mikulov - Mikulov Castle - wine tasting - private dinner in your wine hotel
- Pick up at a meeting point in the center of Prague by an English-speaking driver and your guide, who is very knowledgeable in wine and the heritage of the region. Mini-van transfer to Moravia region (duration 3h).
- Your first stop will be the beautiful and historical city of Mikulov, the capital of wine in the Moravian region. Its urban conservation area belongs to UNESCO Czech heritage.
- After the journey, we'll have a nice lunch in the center of the city to enjoy fresh and creative food.
- We’ll bring you to Mikulov’s main touristic sight – an imposing and majestic chateau perched on a rock where you’ll enjoy a private guided tour to admire its impressive library and especially its cellar, where you will see a remarkable giant barrel dating from 1,643, which is one of the largest ones in Europe with a volume of approximately 135 000 bottles.
- After the visit, you’ll have the chance to taste the award winning Czech wines in the winery, which has been honored with the title of "winery of the year" several times. We will take you to its ancient wine cellar, where you will have the exclusive opportunity to enjoy fine wines. -We'll finally bring to your charming and authentic hotel, an ancient winery with a beautiful courtyard and traditional wine cellar located in a beautiful small village featuring traditional architecture and landscapes. - There, you will enjoy a private dinner featuring seasonal and local products pairing beautifully with local wines in the charming restaurant at the hotel that takes us back in time to the days of our great-grandmothers. You'll indulge in traditional Czech cuisine and homemade dishes made from freshly sourced products - Enjoy a night in the wine hotel