2 Day – Znojmo – Moravia
ULTIMATE WINE TOUR
The wine jewel of Czech Republic, charming unspoiled region full of Traditions and History.
OFF THE BEATEN PATH WINE TOUR
Less than 250 kilometers southeast of the capital, this wine region spreads along the border with Austria in the vicinity of an ancient wine town Znojmo that played an important role in Czech history and whose name has given the name to the whole wine region.
The Znojmo wine region lies in the rain shadow and on the foothills of the Bohemia-Moravian Highland, whose stony soils are excellent for the cultivation of Riesling, Grüner Veltliner. Importance of Znojmo wine city is proved by a labyrinth of wine cellar corridors directly below the town as well as many surrounding wine villages around Znojmo where you can find many cellar lanes with various cellars, frequently dug in sandstone. To top it all off, there is undoubtfully the most picturesque vineyard of Czech Republic located in this wine region.
South Moravia is the most important wine region in Czeh Republic. Znojmo is one of its medieval cities located 3-hour drive from Prague.
THIS TOUR CAN ALSO BE ORGANIZED AS A 3-DAY WINE TOUR
DepartureMain City Square, Old Town
Departure TimePlease arrive by 8:15 AM for a prompt departure at 8:30 AM.
Return TimeApproximately 6:30 PM.
Dress CodeCasual, hiking shoes, raincoat.
Included2-course LunchEntry FeesHotel pick upPersonal Wine GuidePrivate TourVisit of wineryWine tastings
Not IncludedBiking tourPersonal GuidePersonal Wine & Heritage ExpertVisit of a castleVisit of Unesco Churches
DAY 1 - Transfer from Prague to Znojmo - Znojmo wineries - Vineyard track
- Pick up at your place by an English-speaking driver and guide, who is very knowledgeable in wine and the heritage of the region. Car transfer to Moravia region (duration 3h).
- We willguide you to the beautiful and medideval walled city of Znojmo, the capital of wine in the Moravian subregion located near Austrian borders.
- Lunch on a rooftop terrace of a wine hotel restaurant with breathtaking view.
- Track to the most picturesque vineyard located in the heart of National Park Podyjí . Vineyards are situated on a southern slope of a craggy spit where meandering river Dyje/Thaya creates a peninsula with an exceptional microclimate like some places of the river Rhone area or in the valley of the river Rhine. On the way, we will stop by at the wine booth where we will taste local wines.
- Close by there is one true exceptional cellar - carved in sandstone and decorated with paintings all around. Here we will enjoy guided visit, experience the total darkness and also taste some nice wines.
- Transfer to the boutique hotel in the city center of Znojmo
- Our next steps will take you to one of the most important wine villages in the Znojmo region and in Moravia as a whole. Where you can find long wine lane called Blue cellars with charming tine wine cellars. Two of which we will visit and enjoy the wine tasting there lead by winemakers themselves.
- At the end of the day, we will enjoy a dinner at the famous local pub with traditional Czech cuisine.
- Night at the hotel
DAY 2 : Znojmo historical underground - Wine monastery visit - Transfer back to Prague
- Continental Breakfast at the hotel
- Check out
- We’ll drive you to the Znojmo city center where we will have the classic sightseeing route through the historical underground of Znojmo. On fourteen stops you will see coffins with skeletons of the dead, torture instruments together with haunted criminals, preying monk, orcs and many others.
- Our final stop will take place in the silence of monastery near Znojmo with a degustation session of quality wines in the cool cellars of the monastery in Louka, where the largest producer of wine in the Czech Republic, the joint stock company Znovín Znojmo, is currently located. You will experience a combination of the spiritual atmosphere of an ecclesiastical center and a calm degustation session.
- Lunch in the area if time permitted
- Drive back to Prague (3 hours)